Informing civil society about products derived from genetically modified organisms and boycotting their cultivation and sale.
The Zero GMO Coordination Committee is a peaceful, non-profit movement that was founded in November 2013 in the province of Veneto. To date there are 47 associations, including WWOOF Italia, a few farms and many individuals that adhere to this movement.
Our objective is to oppose the cultivation of GMOs, to protect biodiversity, to ensure a better source of food and to encourage sustainable, healthy and environmentally-friendly farming.
What we do:
- lobby at markets, on the streets and in factories that produce animal feed requesting the abolition of transgenic components (soybean – maize) used in the feed.
- raise public awareness through distribution of informative pamphlets.
- organize flash mobs in front of supermarkets asking for more transparent food labeling, restoration of food supply chains and the boycotting of GMO products.
- We ask for Municipalities to adopt the slogan;
‘GMO FREE MUNICIPALITY’
- We meet with regional institutions.
- We participate in the 2015 campaign against TTIP, the proposed USA-UE Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, against the potential erosion of the environment, health-welfare and the right to work decrees; which is to the advantage of the multinational corporations.
For further information:
The quality of life begins with good food